Monday, April 19, 2010

The Fat Man Diaries Day 8 (04/19/10)

307.4 lbs this morning. That's a sure sign of a bad weekend. I didn't even do any drinking. That's probably for the best. The bright side is that I'm still down from the 312 lbs I started at last week. This is the most I've ever worked out consecutively. So each day I write this will be the most consecutive days I've ever worked out. The most surprising thing for me was how easy it was to wake up this morning. Part of that was because I had to call my cousin this morning, but I haven't been suffering with the debilitating soreness I've felt in the past. Also I try and get to bed around midnight. Like I said before, rest is imperative.

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but Chris was out of town for the weekend. Marcio Laselva covered his class on Saturday and today. It's not any harder or easier, but it is different. There's still lots of sweating and plenty of bag work for me to enjoy. One of the exercises we did today and Saturday was push kicks. That's where you kick with the ball or your foot and try and push your opponent away with it. We practiced on the punching bags, and I noticed a little soreness in my left foot afterward. It's fine now, but I guess that means I need to strengthen that foot more. After class while I was stretching, Marcio asked me if I was going to take the Jiu-Jitsu class. All I could say was, "Oh come on, Marcio." He laughed and left it at that. I wanted to take the BJJ class, but I was out of gas. Plus I was hungry -- no...ravenous. I could've eaten a sunburned cow. Instead I had a sirloin steak and 4 scrambled eggs. It was delicious; it hit the spot. I stink right now, and I really need to hit the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment