Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Fat Man Diaries Day 7 (04/18/10)

Weighed in at 305.2 this morning. This whole weekend was a wash diet wise. I'm sure I'm even heavier than that now. Rest is very important to weight loss. I'm convinced. If you're tired when you wake up, you'll be tired all day. That's how I was today. I went to church this morning and almost passed out during mass. Afterward I stopped by the blood drive that my church was having today. A cute girl named Katie took my blood. I wanted to ask her out or at least flirt a little, but I was too much of a wuss to even try. She did tell me that I couldn't do any heavy lifting for 4 to 6 hours after I gave her my blood. Seeing as this whole thing wrapped up around 12:30, it really put a cramp in my plans. I was going to workout right after church. Now I'd have to wait. Since my gym is closed on Sundays, I was planning on just doing a simple workout of pushups and situps. Now I couldn't because I could cause my arm to start bleeding again. I was hoping to take it a little easy today anyway, but I still have to workout. That's what this whole challenge is about. I could still do situps -- that shouldn't cause blood to squirt out of my arm. Well I didn't even bother to do that. Why? Because I've been tired all day from lack of sleep. I opted for a yoga workout instead. I watched some video from Netflix, and I'm counting that as my light workout for today. In the future it may be good for a warm up of sorts, but I don't think I can count it as a whole workout from now on. It's not easy by any means, but it definitely doesn't leave me sweating and tired when I'm done. I clearly can't be left to my own devices. Whatever progress I made last week was probably all for nothing after the weekend of eating I just had. It's ridiculous. I'm not going to dwell on it, but I am royally pissed off at myself.

I should have done this when I started, but it never crossed my mind. Here are my current measurements along with some ideal measurements.

Measurements (in inches) Mine Ideal
Chest 51.5 45.5
Forearm 12.25 13.2
Waist 58.5 31.9
Thigh 25 24.1
Hip 45.5 38.7
Calf 17 15.5
Biceps 15.75 16.4
Neck 18.25 16.8

No comments:

Post a Comment