Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Fat Man Diaries Day 17 (04/28/10)

It's still hard waking up in the morning; I weighed in at 303.2 lbs. The lack of sleep and weight gain was my fault though. Monday and Tuesday I never really had an appetite, and I was getting concerned about it. I decided to purposely cheat on my diet as a sort of experiment. Now those 2 days I pretty much had to force down breakfast and lunch. The meals weren't bad meals, but they weren't the kind of foods I'd get excited about. I thought I'd try some Burger King since I kind of get excited about their food. I wasn't really hungry last night, but I haven't been hungry for 2 days. I ordered some food and came home and ate it. Everything tasted good, and while I wasn't really hungry, I didn't feel like I had to force anything down. I was happy about that, and I was hoping that my appetite would be back today. It's about 12:30 p.m. and all I've had to eat so far is a Fuji apple. My mom told me I had this problem when I was a kid. I wouldn't eat because I wasn't hungry. The doctor said I was fine and that I would eat when I got hungry. A little piece of me is hoping that's what's going on now. Way back then I was a skinny little kid with a big head, but now I'm a really fat man with a big head. We'll see what happens, and if things don't go back to normal, I'm going to have to visit my doctor.

Today's class was one of those classes that I hate to love (or love to hate -- not sure). We did our usual warm-up, and then we went a few rounds on the punching bags. My right hand has been having some pain for about a week or so, and today it got worse. I think I might have hurt my right wrist when I landed a hook on the punching bag. When my hand is at a normal resting position, it feels fine, but if it's turned to land a hook, i feel the pain on the outer part of my wrist and hand. That's the new pain; the old pain is at the base of my hand near the wrist. It's pretty much the area between the 2nd and 3rd metacarpals. That worries me because many fighters who don't know how to punch often break their metacarpals. I don't want to compare myself to real fighters or even say that I have a particularly hard punch, but the fact of the matter is that I've been punching a hell of a lot more lately than ever. If I see the doctor about my appetite, I'll be sure to ask about my hand too. Here's the love/hate or hate/love part of class. Chris set up a circuit for us to go through after the bag work. I hate this because it's so hard; each exercise becomes more difficult than the last. I love this because it's so hard; each exercise becomes more difficult than the last. As if this wasn't difficult enough, Chris had us do ab exercises after every 2 stations in the circuit. I was gasping for air by the time we finished. As exhausted as I am when I finish each class, I feel equally great. This is what I'd like to be addicted to rather than junk food. After class I stopped by a couple of stores and picked up a bunch of fruit. I plan on snacking on those until my appetite fully returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment