Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Fat Man Diaries Day 16 (04/27/10)

If yesterday started off on a peak, today began in the valley. This was the first time in a long time that I really considered staying in bed. My alarm had gone off, and I really didn't like the song that was playing. I had to skip about 4 or 5 songs until I got to one that motivated me to get out of bed. I got up and took care of my morning ablutions, and I used this time to return a call to my brother. Oddly enough he was taking care of his ablutions as well. My morning started to turn around a little when I weighed in at 302.4 lbs. I figure I'll be below 300 lbs by Friday. I'm thinking that I should set my goals for every 20 lbs, but it may be more encouraging to go 10 lbs at a time. We'll worry about that later. I'm still working on breaking under 300 lbs.

I was still pretty groggy when I got to the gym this morning. I was a couple of minutes early, but I was so slow at getting ready, I actually missed the first couple of rounds of jump rope. When we did the bag work today, I really wasn't giving it my all. Even with this conservation, I ran out of steam really fast. At one point we had to do pull-ups. If you remember a few sentences back, I said I weigh 302 lbs. Pull-ups aren't exactly on my list of things that I do well. Chris said to just try and hang from the top for as long as I could. I think my best hang time was almost 3 nanoseconds. I tried several times to no avail. We finished the class by doing 4 sets of 50 reps of ab/back exercises. I had some problems doing that because I think I pulled some muscles trying to do the pull-ups. My left tricep and the muscle on the left side and back part of my ribs -- I'm not sure what they're called, but they hurt like the dickens when I was doing my ab exercises. They feel a little better now, but I'm afraid they are going to hurt badly tomorrow morning. As long as it's just soreness and not a major injury, then I'll be able to work through it. A little Tiger Balm and I'll be good to go.

Before I go for today, I want to talk about a curious phenomenon that I experienced yesterday. I took my normal fitness class and a Jiu-Jitsu class yesterday. When I got home, oddly enough I wasn't hungry. I didn't eat breakfast until about 1 p.m. I wasn't even hungry when I ate; I just ate so that I wouldn't get hungry at an inopportune time. I didn't snack on anything all day, and then when I had lunch at work at 7 p.m., I wasn't hungry then either. I forced down some food because I had to eat something. It's now about noon, and I'm about to eat breakfast. I'm a little hungrier than I was yesterday, but I'm still not as hungry as I think I should be. I'll probably have to do some research (yeah Google) and see what's going on here. I'm a little concerned. I'm sure I'll be fine though.

Today's inspiration: Eminem - Lose Yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment