Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Fat Man Diaries Day 18 (04/29/10)

302.4 lbs today. It would have been lower if I hadn't stopped by Burger King again last night. It was on purpose again because I still haven't had any hunger pangs. Until I went to BK, I had and apple, a banana, and an orange to sustain me for the whole day. I probably could've made it through the night with that, but I was scared. I jokingly wondered to myself if this was some elaborate ruse by my body to continue eating junk food. After I ate the orange last night, I felt a little nauseous. It wasn't anything major, but it felt like the orange was trying to decide whether it wanted to stay down or come back up. I thought that I was getting sick and that it was finally manifesting itself, but after a while, I felt fine again. It's looking like I'll have a doctor's appointment sometime next week, but I'm still waiting to see what the weekend brings.

My sore tricep and rib muscles are feeling much better. They aren't 100% yet, but they're feeling better than I expected. My hurt hand is better today too; although, it's not 100% either. I wrapped it extra tight today just to be safe, and now I'm wondering if I've been wrapping my hands tight enough this whole time. That might be how I hurt myself in the first place. It's a thin line you have to walk when you wrap your hands for punching. If it's too tight, you'll cut off the circulation, and you could potentially cause damage from that. If it's too loose, you could hurt yourself by not having enough support on your hands and wrists. I think I'll go over this with Chris to make sure I'm doing it right. I've been in class long enough to where I should know what I'm doing by now. Speaking of, I think I finally figured out how to kick correctly. My kicks aren't so high on my shins anymore. They are still on the shin but closer to the ankle. I felt like I was getting good power and keeping my balance today when I kicked the bag. I can feel the soreness near my ankle now, but I'm not bruised. I think I'm actually getting better at this.

Today's inspiration comes from another Rocky movie. I love the Rocky film series, and I can find endless inspiration in those movies. Here's a motivational speech from Rocky Balboa (part 6). Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment