Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Fat Man Diaries Day 11 (04/22/10)

305 lbs on the dot this morning. Still going down, but not as fast as I'd like. Today's blog is going to be short because I have a dentist appointment today, and I want to have as much time as possible to flirt with the cute hygienist.

As promised, I went to lunch yesterday with Abbey, and she brought along our friend Melinda as a surprise. I ordered a large meal, but I only ate about half of it. The rest I gave to Abbey. Also, as promised, I didn't have fast food last night. I did find a loophole, and I ate a frozen pizza. I know, I know...it's still cheating. It's my fault for not being better prepared. Last week I cooked most of my food in advance (which I normally do) so I had plenty on hand for when I got hungry. This past weekend I completely wasted, and I didn't cook anything in advance. I've sort of been cooking as I need it, but when I get off of work, the last thing I want to do is fire up the stove. So my new lesson for today is: always be prepared. If I had joined the Boy Scouts, I might have learned that by now.

Today was particularly hard to get up. I went to bed fairly early last night (before 1 a.m.), but I was still tired when I woke up this morning. I think I'm going to have to start incorporating some midday naps into this schedule. When I went to the gym, I wasn't really feeling it today. I performed as best as I could, but I know I'm capable of better. I think I hit some sort of wall today. I'm going to keep working through it, and I'm sure things will get better. I've learned that there are peaks and valleys in life, and things always get worse before they get better. I'm praying that this is the worst of it, but I have a bad feeling that this is just the start of the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment