Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Fat Man Diaries Day 21 (05/02/10)

Sundays seem to be the day that really takes me out of the game. I forgot to weigh myself again this morning, so I don't have anything accurate to go from. My appetite came back with a vengeance, and I'm pretty happy about that. However, that combined with my lackluster workout today should make for a heavy Monday. I'm not too worried about it. I'm just happy that I'm eating again. When things go out of whack, and I research them on the Internet, scary things can happen. There were all sorts of causes for lack of appetite, and I didn't want to have any of them. They ranged from some sort of infection to low testosterone levels. I don't know any guy who wants to have low testosterone. So now that the appetite's back, I've been sort of celebrating with the unhealthy stuff. This whole weekend was a bust.

I found out yesterday that it was free comic book day (the first Saturday in May), so I set out to get some free comics. It was my first time since high school that I set out to buy comics at a comic book store. It was my first time checking out Wichita's comic shops too. I felt like I stepped into the wayback machine and was transported back to 10th grade. It was a little intimidating to be around people with more geek knowledge than me, but at the same time I felt so tough and manly around these guys. I got my free comics, and I even bought a couple. It was a good time. What made it a great time was the new guitar amp I picked up yesterday. I finally get to play my electric guitar after almost a year of it hanging on the wall. All this took up my time on Saturday, so Saturday's chores got pushed to today. Guess what? I was lazy today too. I didn't do anything. I barely even worked out. I did a handful of girly style push-ups, and some ab exercises. I'm done for tonight. Tomorrow things will be back on track, and I'll be breaking my ass in my fitness class. I need to pay off my debt so I can afford Jiu-Jitsu. I'll work on those numbers.

My buddy, Huy, recommended this song for inspiration. It's a cover of Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror," by James Morrison. It may not pump you up during a workout, but on those days when you feel like giving up, it just might help you hang in there. If nothing else, it's really a great cover. Check it out: James Morrison - Man in the Mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment