Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Guys in pajama pants

Yesterday I saw for the umpteenth time a guy wearing pajama pants in public - at work! I can understand if a chick wants to do it. They get a free pass from me because it's kind of cute. I can even understand if you're in college and you roll out of bed and go to class wearing what you slept in. I've been there, and I've almost done that. I don't think my profs or classmates would've appreciated me going to class in my cutoff shirt and breezy, torn, tattered shorts. But if I had pajamas of any sort, I would have gladly worn them to class. That being said, I'm not just seeing this phenomenon at work; I'm seeing it everywhere. Department stores, grocery stores, dudes walking down the street. How lazy can you be? Is it so hard to slip out of your nice comfy pjs and put on a pair of jeans? I'm as lazy as they get, and I've managed to perform this menial task for the better part of my life. It just looks like you gave up. Maybe you have, but that's not problem. I wear them too - when I sleep. Here's my major beef with these pants: there's only one button keeping Eric Jr. from the outside world. Let me tell (and I'm definitely not bragging), that button ain't always enough to keep me from entering the outside world. I know I can't be the only one with this problem, and I'm afraid one day it's going to be accidentally proven to me. If that happens, I may have to commit a crime.

1 comment: